Main Office - 400 Imperial Plaza, Bellaire, OH 43906
Open Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
740-325-1042 • Fax 740-325-1246
Satellite Office - Inside the VA Primary Clare Clinic, Ohio Valley Mall, St. Clairsville • 740-325-1042
© 2013-2021 Belmont County Veterans Service Commission
• ANNOUNCEMENT - By APPOINTMENT ONLY. We are again issuing veterans ID cards to Belmont County veterans. We must have a copy of your DD214, a current bill with your name and address as well as an Ohio driver’s license or state ID card to issue the veterans card. There are no exceptions. Cards will be made by appointment only. Those who can’t make it during regular hours can inquire about getting the card made during off hours, if absolutely necessary. This is a free service, as are all our other services.
• Starting Nov. 1 we will be taking applications for holiday food vouchers and winter heating assistance. We now follow Ohio HEAP guidelines to determine all income eligibility for financial assistance for Belmont County veterans and surviving spouses.(Our office goes my monthly income, so divide the annual income by 12 to check eligibity). Click here for our financial assistance checklist.
Our main office is now located at 400 Imperial Plaza, Bellaire (Behind Kroger). Please call to make an appointment to use the office. 740-325-1042.
• Our satellite office in St. Clairsville is now open Tuesdays & Thurdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.. Closed Noon-1p.m. for lunch.
• The regular meeting of the Belmont County Veterans Service Commission is scheduled for Oct. 6 at 4 p.m. at the Belmont County Veterans Service Office, 400 Imperial Plaza, Bellaire.
• Applications are being taken for van drivers. Applicants must be a resident of Belmont County. Applicants DO NOT have to be a veteran. Applications are available at the Belmont County Veterans Service Office, 400 Imperial Plaza., Bellaire. Click here for a job application.
•All service officers take their lunch breaks from Noon until 1 p.m. Please note the time change.
• Veterans who cannot make their appointment for the BCVSO vans are to call instead of just being a “no show” for appointments. Those who miss three appointments with the van without calling will be suspended from riding the van. To schedule or cancel the van, please call the office at 740-325-1042. Pittsburgh VA and the VA Clinic in St. Clairsville are NOT affiliated with The Belmont County Veterans Service Office. If the hospital cancels an appointment, it is the veteran’s responsibility to contact the BCVSO to cancel transportation.
• A list of businesses honoring the Belmont County Ohio Veterans ID Card can be found in the drop down menu under Bulletin Board of this website.
There is never a fee for any of our services. All of our service officers are accredited at the state and national levels.
Belmont County Veterans Service Office